The high concentration of complex cases that we see means that we have some of Britain’s leading specialists on our team and their expertise benefits all of our patients. Our teaching hospital status means that we have a higher proportion of doctors and nurses to patients than non-teaching hospitals.
The rheumatology team includes:
- Nine consultants, including two professors of rheumatology with clinical input.
- Non-clinical ARC professor of rheumatology leading in gene modulation
- Two specialist registrars
- One foundation year doctor
- Two research specialist registrars
- Four nurse specialists
- Two pharmacists
- Secretarial and administration support
Allied health professionals on-site include:
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapists with access to a hydrotherapy pool
- Occupational therapists
- A foot health centre with podiatry/chiropody services
Please use the links on the left to find out more about our team members.