Low rates of infection
At Barts and The London, we continue to have relatively low rates of infection, including rates of the ‘superbug’ MRSA. Figures released by the Department of Health in 2006 confirm that we have the fourth lowest MRSA rate among the specialist hospitals in London.
Patients treated in 2005/06
- 2711 patients had operations
- 8787 patients attended appointments
During the summer of 2006, the Plastic Surgery Department conducted a survey with existing patients to explore their perceptions of the service. The results show that:
- Overall, the standard of care that patients receive was rated positively.
- 91% of respondents rated the communication skills of nurses as satisfactory or above.
- 100% of respondents rated the communication skills of therapists, doctors and surgeons as satisfactory or above.
- 91% found that follow-up outpatient appointments were easy to arrange.
- 77% found that arranging a date for surgery was easy or very easy.