The Renal Unit provides an integrated and comprehensive service embracing all aspects of nephrology, renal replacement therapy, and renal transplantation within the hospital environment.
- Renal support to other specialities.
- Specialist management of patients with progressive renal disease.
- Invasive investigation (angiography and biopsy).
- Haemodialysis programme for patients with established end stage renal failure.
- Emergency services, assessment and management of patients with acute renal failure, 24-hour emergency dialysis service.
- Continuous ambulatory and automated peritoneal dialysis programme.
- Renal transplantation.
- Vascular access surgery.
Additional non-central based services are:
- Satellite unit haemodialysis services at Wanstead Renal Unit and at Whipps Cross Hospital.
- Home dialysis programme.
Hanbury Haemodialysis unit
tel 020 7377 7227
Wanstead haemodialysis unit
tel 020 8532 9737
Whipps Cross haemodialysis unit
tel 020 8928 8888