The palliative care service supports the management and care of patients with a cancer.
The multi-professional team provides specialist advice about symptom control as well as psychological and social support to patients, families, carers and staff.
- Advice on the management of physical and psychological symptoms.
- Support to the patients, families and carers during the illness.
- Assessment of the bereavement process and advice on other available agencies.
- Educational resource, formally and informally for all levels of staff.
- Provision of a contact point for liaison with outside palliative care agencies e.g. hospices and community palliative care teams.
- Provision of support for staff caring for patients with cancer.
- Multiprofessional team, consisting of doctors, nurses, secretaries and social work support. The team is closely integrated with all other services at Barts and The London and other local acute hospitals to provide comprehensive care.
Macmillan palliative care team - tel: 020 7601 8500